Saturday, September 27, 2008

Family Functions

My family is very supportive and nurturing. I come from a large family and because of that I am fortunate enough to always have someone to talk to and be there to listen. We are a close knit bunch and after losing my father in a car accident in late 2006 we have become even closer.

My parents are great nurturers. My mom always makes sure everyone gets to the right place and On Time! Dad was always right there too. Not only did he help with homework but was always right there cheering in the stands at a sporting event or driving countless miles to take me to another pageant-without even complaining! What a great guy!

After I began school, both of my parents worked outside of the home and we have always been provided with the basic resources.

My parents also strived not impose individual development in everyone. Not everyone is going to play sports or be able to sing (I sure wish I could!). However, they were supportive and encouraging of our individual personalities.

No comments: