Saturday, September 27, 2008

Family Types

Fitzpatrick’s Couple Types
I am single with no children, so I will be taking a look at my immediate family throughout the class. The Linc and Jaine Murray family are a combination of traditional and independent. With seven children you have to be able to adapt and accept change. Roll with the punches per se. On the other hand, with a large household you have to have a routine and be organized. My mom is the most organized women I know. I don't know what any of us would do without her!

Gottman’s Conflict Types
The Murray's are validators. We respect each other's views but with some many people and different personalities you are bound to have disagreements.

Kantor and Lehr’s Family Types
The Murray's are also an open family. We are encouraged to pursue our own goals and interests but the family is always there to be supportive of our decisions.

No comments: